Vacancy Announcement for a Local Consultant to Support Grassroots Grant Assistance
Job title Consultant for Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects*
Country Bangladesh (Dhaka)
Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGHSP) is a small scale
grant program by the Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh. For more information, please
*This position is on a contractual basis, which is different from Embassy local staff.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Respond to general inquiries about the GGHSP.
- Review GGHSP applications and further examine short listed applications.
- Gather additional information through direct communication with applicants.
- Assess applicant’s financial status to understand sustainability of the proposed projects.
- Conduct thorough out check and research on the need, feasibility and sustainability of the proposals, authenticity of the contents and documents.
- Conduct site visits to review and follow up on the projects.
- Organize contract signing and facilitate implementation of the projects.
- Follow up, monitor and evaluate existing projects.
- Maintain regular communication with existing projects and new applicants.
- Draft and send letters regarding the GGHSP projects.
- Draft speeches and press releases on GGHSP
- Update and manage GGHSP database.
- File and manage GGHSP documents.
- Submit reports on GGHSP operations as required.
Qualifications, experiences and competences
- Minimum University degree or equivalent, preferably in Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies or other related field.
- At least 2 years work experience in international organizations, diplomatic missions or International NGOs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English and Bangla.
- Sound analytical, organizational and reporting skills.
- Willingness to travel anywhere in Bangladesh
- Ability to work in a team and under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work with and/or assist vulnerable people.
- Interest in Japanese development assistance policy.
- Aged between 25-35 years old
From June 2020 to May 2021 (with possibility of renewal for another 2 years, not
exceeding 3 years in total)
Workplace: Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh
- Determined based on GGHSP guidelines and the applicant’s qualification and experience.
- The remuneration is based on a consultancy contract; therefore it does not cover insurance, tax, transportation or any other allowances and benefits.
Closing date for application
2nd April 2020
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, CV, and contacts of two references by e-mail to:
You may also physically deliver the documents to the Embassy of Japan in
Bangladesh, with attention to Mr. Kenji EBIHARA.
Please indicate your day time contact number(s) and e-mail address which are
accessible by the Embassy. Only short listed candidates will be contacted in early